Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vlord3d

Condition Zero V43 Wont Start

I have downloaded the condition zero V43 from this website  but the game simply wont start. No error dialogs ,the half life launcher icon just pops up in task manager and disappears after 10 seconds.

I downloaded the installer just today from the download section. It did work i believe 3 months back but now wont even start.

I have the original condition zero game which i purchased through steam which works fine but after experiencing high latency and lag through steam i wanted to install this game for the sole purpose of playing on this server.

My specs are

Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @3.30GHz  3.30 GHz

6.00 GB(5.84 GB usable)

64 bit Operating System ,x64 based processor

2 часа назад, vlord3d сказал:

I have downloaded the condition zero V43 from this website  but the game simply wont start. No error dialogs ,the half life launcher icon just pops up in task manager and disappears after 10 seconds.

I downloaded the installer just today from the download section. It did work i believe 3 months back but now wont even start.

I have the original condition zero game which i purchased through steam which works fine but after experiencing high latency and lag through steam i wanted to install this game for the sole purpose of playing on this server.

My specs are

Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @3.30GHz  3.30 GHz

6.00 GB(5.84 GB usable)

64 bit Operating System ,x64 based processor

Try to install this fix 

https://lan-game.com/client/FuxWin8.zip

The new Steam and SteamClient dll files didn't fix the problem but I was able to solve the issue with 2 steps

1)Right Click On My computer->Advanced Properties->Click Performance Tab->Data Prevention Execution->Select 2nd Radio Button i.e Enable DEP For All Programs and services except for those I list->Add hl.exe to list

2)Right Click on the folder where czero v43 was installed ->Select Security Tab->change owner ship of folder to include adminstrators & groups ,click checkbox apply to all subfolders  ,and apply

I also opened the ret.ini file. in it SteamDLL and SteamClientDLL variables were commented out so I uncomented them and made it point to the dll files inside the czero v43 directory(which you have provided) then the application failed to work also made them point to the dll files inside my original steam directory still didn't work. finally commenting them back made the app run

Here is how I edited the file

[App didn't launch]

SteamDll=E:\Program Files\Condition-Zero V43\steam.dll

ClientDLL=E:\Program Files\Condition-Zero V43\steamclient.dll

[App didn't launch]

SteamDll=F:\Steam\Steam.dll

ClientDLL=F:\Steam\steamclient.dll

[App finally launched by just comenting them back]

#SteamDll=F:\Steam\Steam.dll

#ClientDLL=F:\Steam\steamclient.dll

I thought the dll files were supposed to be used but turns out using any copy of the dll files crashes my app.

Hope This Help someone out there with similar problem :) but I also would like to know if these dll files were used at all cause deleting these dll files didn't effect my app